Thursday, October 30, 2014
Did you know that 25% of children and 33% of adults in the United States have untreated tooth decay? Robison Dental Group recommends that you be seen at least twice a year by a dentist for check-ups to ensure you aren't a statistic!
For more information on dental caries and dental sealants for tooth retention, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5403a1.htm
Dental caries (cavities) are an issue for all ages and if left untreated, they can lead to immense pain and infection, possible tooth loss and even total tooth loss. The Robison Dental Group recommends dental sealants, dental sealants are highly effective in preventing cavities on the chewing or other pitted surfaces of your teeth.
The Robison dental group offers Mesa, AZ, state of the art family, restorative and cosmetic dentistry services to the public. To schedule an appointment, please call 480-924-2300, or visit our website @ https://www.drrobison.com/checkups.html
We’re contracted with the following Dental insurance providers: Aetna, Banner Health Indemnity Plans, City of Mesa, Cigna, all indemnity plans, Boeing Washington Dental Service, and Delta Dental Premier Plan. Robison Dental Group also offers our patients the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading Dental Care Payment Program.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
A 2009 dental implant study on short implants compared standard length implants with bone substitution, was concluded, that short dental implants is as safe as standard implant placement. For the full report on this study, please visit http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01030523
Each one of the research candidates, for the above study had to meet the following requirements:
- Provision of informed consent
- Aged 20-75 years at enrollment
- History of edentulism in the study area of at least four months
- In need for 1-4 implants in either side of the posterior maxilla (premolar and molar region)
- Neighboring tooth/teeth to the planned implant/s must have natural root(s) or implant supported restoration, with absence of pathology or excessive bone loss, as judged by the investigator
- Presence of natural tooth/teeth, partial prosthesis and/or implants in the opposite jaw in contact with the planned crown/s
- Deemed by the investigator to have a bone height between 5 and 7 mm and a bone width of a minimum of 6 mm
- Deemed by the investigator as likely to present an initially stable implant situation
For more information on dental implants in Mesa, AZ, please give the Robison Dental Group a call @ (480) 924-2300 or visit our website @ https://www.drrobison.com/dental-implants.html