|Schedule a dental exam today!|
Dental x-rays are needed when you are added as a new patient and ongoing every 6-18 months, depending on the your particular needs. X-rays help us find hidden dental decay, impacted teeth, show bone loss, cysts, abscesses and more.
Our office uses digital X-rays, which have several advantages of traditional X-rays. For instance,:
- Less Radiation: Digital X-ray provide an 80% reduction in radiation
- More Comfortable for You: Biting the paper tab used in taking traditional X-rays can be uncomfortable and push up against your mouth in awkward ways. Digital X-rays work differently by putting a small sensor in your mouth connected by a thin wire to a computer. X-rays are sent out to the sensor through your teeth to capture the image. The sensor can be moved to take other images.
- Quick Developing: Typically they are ready in as short of a time as 3 seconds.
- Magnified Images: Digital X-rays are easily displayed at larger sizes. We are even able to magnify the image to show you close up any tooth decay or abnormalities.
- Earth Friendly: Digital X-rays are electronic so they save us from needing to use chemicals or film. They also make processing insurance claims faster.
Have a great day!
Robison Dental Group